We just recently returned from a five-day vacation to Walt Disney World. Despite frequent rain, and warm weather, we had a great time. Here are some tips and resources I found helpful in planning and enjoying our time there:
Tour Guide Mike – For $20 this site generates a customized tour plan for you. Full of great tips and advice.
Passporter’s Walt Disney World
A combination tour guide and scrapbook, including pockets for each day’s plans.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do take advantage of Extra Magic Hours if you are staying in the parks, but get out of that park by noon. People tend to stay all day. Get a Park Hopper pass and after a lunch break and nap back at the hotel, enjoy a different park.
- Bring a small backpack with water, with a hand towel, sunscreen, snacks, a rain poncho and anything else you might need.
- If you stay in a Disney Resort hotel, purchase the refillable mug for $12, you’ll use it. Although you can only refill it at your hotel, it is worth it for morning coffee, afternoon soda, evening hot chocolate.
- Get up EARLY and get to the parks before they open. Return to your hotel for a nap or a swim during midday if you can.
- Read signs! We could have saved ourselves a lot of walking and time by reading signs more carefully, especially to buses.
- Take advantage of the FastPass options, but get them as soon as you enter the park.
- Don’t wait in lines longer than 20 minutes.
Favorite Rides and Attractions:
- The Haunted Mansion
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- The Twighlight Zone Tower of Terror (only I went, but with Fastpass, I only waited 10 minutes)
- Festival of the Lion King Show – An amazing show, nice cool theater-in-the-round, tons to look at
- Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show
Favorite Dining Experiences:
- Tusker House Restaurant – a fantastic, fresh, buffet with great, friendly service.
- Cape May Café – Even though we waited 30 minutes, we enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was very good.
- Restaurant Marrakesh – The restaurant in the Morocco Pavillion. Great atmosphere, bell dancer and live music. Food was fair.
- The Maelstrom Ride at the Norway Pavillion – LAME!