There has been a lot of news from within the University of Iowa Tuba Euphonium Studio lately, here are some recent highlights:
- Pat Bigsby wins the award for bests summer job – he recently accepted a position as a reporter for the Molokai Dispatch Newspaper and next year will spend a semester abroad in Antactica through Northwestern University.
- Two members of our studio from the class of ’08 have been accepted to excellent graduate schools: Jeremy Crawford, who will be attending Northwestern University, and Karl Zelle who will attend the University of North Texas
- Congratulations to Josh Hoffman on his appointment to the position of Music Director at KRUI
- I won the A&W Great Root Bear Viral Tuba Video competition on YouTube! Since I filmed it there, I am going to donate the money to the Woodbury Elementary School Music Department in Marshalltown Iowa.
- Here is an interesting article from the Orange County Register about Jim Self composing.
- Chris Dickey is now a published arranger! The arrangement of Vaughan Williams’ Bushes and Briars is now available through Brassworks 4 Publishing. Click here to listen to the audio sample – recorded by our very own Collegium Tubum.